Saturday, March 12, 2011

Theme of the day: Run

Apparently running four miles Saturday morning and then spending four hours outside at Kid #1's track meet leaves me pretty much worthless for the rest of the day!

We grabbed sandwiches on the way home, ate, I showered, and curled up on the couch for a 2+ hour nap. I woke up groggy and weak. If I'm this tuckered out after four miles, what in the world am I going to do when my mileage goes up?!

It was kind of a surreal day. I drove myself to the park for my first race without the support of my family. I was able to run my race before the school track meet started. It was just strange to not have the family there with me at the end. I missed them!

I also missed having my husband there to hold things like keys, sweatshirts, and anything else we might need. I wore shorts and a t-shirt, and once I got moving, I was perfectly comfortable, but man was I COLD waiting for the race to start.

One other issue with being at a race alone is that I didn't get any pictures of myself. I could have done the self-photo, but I didn't get around to it.

There were friends at the race, and even one of my 7th grade students ran in the four-mile race with his mom. He was awesome!!! He ended up finishing in 34 minutes or so and received 2nd in his age bracket!

How did I do? Not too bad. I was pleased with my run.

I finished in under 44 minutes. That means that I kept my average pace at under 11-minute miles! My average pace was 10:51 to be exact! I was really excited about that! I am also excited that I can run four miles. I keep thinking back to where I was three months ago barely able to run for five minutes at a time. Pretty neat.

After my race, I grabbed some water and fruit, and headed across town for Child #1's very first track meet. He did fantastic! He received 5th place in the 100 meter, 3rd place in the 400 meter, and 3rd place in the 400 relay. Awesome stuff!

Husband has a bunch of pictures on his camera that he needs to upload. Until then, no pictures.

It was a great race weekend.

And today we did a 6-mile family bike ride. And I worked out on the elliptical for 40 minutes.

And now it is time for bed.

No comments: