Saturday, January 7, 2012

Break the Barriers

The Break the Barriers run was this morning. I had a really good time.

Distance: 2 miles/11:04 avg pace/22:10 time.

I was pleased with my time. (Of course I wish I had broken the 22 minute mark!) I was looking at my time for last year with this race, and it was 24:25. I improved by over two minutes this year!

The kids ran their races before me. Evan was first with the 1/2 mile. This is the first year he is in the top age bracket. He always smoked the kids in the 5 and 6 year old bracket, so I wondered how we was going to do today. He came in 2nd overall!

Hudson ran with the 4-year-olds. He was 3rd place overall! Clearly, the kids get their speed from me!


I should call them Speedy and Lightning!

My goal was to run the entire two miles. I didn't hit that goal. I walked a bit. I am still pleased with my effort. I didn't place like I did last year.

It was also fun because two of my friends were there running as well. Kim did the two mile, and Elaine did the 5k. Lots of fun this morning.


It was a cold and foggy morning. I'm in the red jacket. I don't know how Elaine stood it with shorts!


The five runners posing in front of the finish line.

I am really glad that I began running. Races like this are always a great thing to do.

1 comment:

BeckyK said...

What a great way to start off the new year!!!!! Congratulations!!!