Monday, January 9, 2012

The Loop

Distance: 1.75 miles

Came home from school, laced up, shoved the kids on their bike, and went out for a run that I am now naming "The Loop." It is a 1.75 mile distance that I may be using quite often.

I take off from my driveway, follow the neighborhood roads out to the back entrance to our subdivision, and proceed to follow the block around to the front of our neighborhood. The sidewalks are wide, there is little traffic, and we don't have to cross many streets.

The only bad thing about taking off at 4:40 p.m. is that there were a lot of people arriving home for the day. The seven-year-old rides first and makes sure roads are clear for his little brother to cross. However, I still stay very aware and shout instructions and bark orders!

I made it back home with an 11:34 avg pace. I took my Garmin, but tried to wear it on my wrist in a way that I wouldn't be able to glance down at it. I ran without music again. Not a good idea when there are two little people on bikes with me.

I am REALLY liking running in the late afternoon. Somewhere between 4 and 5 seems to be an ideal time for me. All the better if I can do it outside. This isn't possible everyday due to schedules and lack of sun, but I'm going to especially try to do The Loop on my off days.

A couple of notes:
-I plan to sign up for the Ventura Harbor 1/2 on April 1. My cousin said she'll run it with me!
-My goal this week is to do 10 minutes of strength training each day for six days. I better get to it.
-Don't feel like proof reading. Sorry for any mistakes.

No comments: