Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Impressed My Son

Distance: 1.75 miles
Time: 17:07
Average Pace: 9:48/mile!!!!! (My fastest speed was 5:47, though I am sure I only maintained that for .28 seconds!)

I took Evan with me on his bike and headed out to do The Loop. I wanted to see just how fast I could go. It turns out, I can move this chubby body decently fast!

I took three or four rest breaks to catch my breath, but I kept the pace strong with each run segment.

I told Evan he had to pace me by riding just ahead of me so I could try to catch him. He's a great little running partner as long as he doesn't ask me questions and expect a response!

Now that I know I can move at a faster speed, I need to work at building my endurance at those faster speeds. In time.

In any case, Evan was impressed and even ran in the house to tell Dad just how fast his mom ran! Pretty cool!

1 comment:

TurboTurtle said...

9:48??? That is AWESOME!!!!!!! Keep it up and you'll have to change the name of your blog to speedy fast runner! Thanks for the inspiration!