Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pleased

Distance: 3.5 miles

Today was my first "pace" day. It called for me to run three miles at the pace I want to run the half marathon. I'd like to finish in under 2 1/2 hours, so I need to run approximately 11:30 minute miles. That amounts to somewhere between a 5.2 or 5.3 on the treadmill.

Isn't my math great?! And to think...I teach algebra!

I'm going to double check my numbers another time...just not right now.

Anyhow, I ran the first mile at a 5.2 speed. Then I kicked it up a notch to 5.3 for the second mile. I figured I'd drop back down to 5.2 for mile three, but I surprised myself by hanging to the end at 5.3! That made me happy.

I never struggled to the point of feeling like I was going to flip off the back of the treadmill from being wiped out.

I love it when a run feels good.

The kids were even good while I ran. It may have been the baggies of chocolate chips I bribed them with! Parenting at its best!

Half way through Training Week 2.

2 comments:

TurboTurtle said...

:)

Each faster increment feels so wonderful, doesn't it?

Welcome to Kansas said...

Really, now on this blog I read that not only will I be running with my much younger, faster cousin but I will be running a 1/2 marathon in 2.5 hours???????

Well, you get to run with your feeble, cranky (much) older cousin... you lucky girl!

Truly you are my inspriration and I have been "running" about 4 miles a few times a week so far. Next week I am shooting for 5. Thank you for making... encouraging me to do this!