Friday, January 20, 2012

Week is Almost Over

Distance: 1 mile
Distance yesterday: 3.5 miles

I wanted to get my run done early last night. I figured I'd get home from school, bribe the children with something sweet, jump on the treadmill, and knock out my three miles.

It didn't happen that way. I had to go to the store...with the children. Worst thing ever. And true to form, they were little monsters. I yelled at them in the car. Made the big one cry, but he was crying from guilt. Ugh. I hate grocery shopping with small people. Even if it is a quick in and out. I certainly wasn't doing heavy shopping at 5 p.m. on a Thursday evening.

Anyhow, by the time I got home, I did not get the run done as I had hoped. I sat on my butt and read blogs and watched tv. I ended up waiting until after dinner as soon as the kids went to bed to run.

It turned out okay. I watched Hawaii 5-O while clicking alone at a 5.0 speed. I felt really good when I was done.

I also got up this morning at 5:15 so I could do my one mile (given that it is my rest day). The one mile felt way more painful this morning than three miles did last night. Because it was done at 5:15 in the morning. Yuck.

It's done. I can rest easy for the remainder of the day knowing I don't have to fit in the mile because it's done. The one benefit of running early. I'll be chaperoning a junior high dance tonight. Highlight of my week right there! I'm taking ear plugs. Because I'm old.

**And a note to my slightly older, beautiful, talented and awesome cousin who is going to run the half marathon with me...I thank you for agreeing to do this with me! It's going to be so much fun! I can't wait. It makes the training somewhat bearable knowing we get to spend a few hours sweating on the course together. At least I hope you get sweaty, because it will really suck if I'm the only one dripping wet while you look like you took a stroll through a meadow of flowers! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Welcome to Kansas said...

Ha ha! You are too kind! I only hope to be able to keep up with you! Last night I looked like I swam with the boy rather than just finished 4 miles on the treadmill... GROSS! It will be fun doing this together. Now, where did I put my beverage... I mean running shoes. :)