Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Good and the Bad

Distance: 4.0 miles/11:38 avg pace
(yesterday I ran 1)

The Good: I completed 4 miles.

The Bad: New ear buds that I'm not used to, I wore long sleeves and pants, and it was too hot, I wasn't properly fueled.

I woke up at 7ish and had a granola bar and some blueberries. I didn't run until 11 something. Any energy I gained from the granola bar was LONG gone by the time I started running. I could tell right away that I was weak and sluggish.

I also knew the minute I stepped outside that I was going to be too hot, but like an idiot, I didn't feel like walking 10 feet back inside to at least change into a t-shirt. Dumb. I started getting hot almost immediately.

Finally, my ear buds. My new phone won't allow me to use my normal ear buds that I'm used to using. The new ones are awkward. I usually run with the cord wrapped in my hand. This one makes it hard to do because the line for the right ear is long, but the line for the left ear is super short because there is a microphone attached for phone talking.

After running, I took a quick shower so we could get to soccer. The coach said that Hudson could be on the team! He looks so stinking cute in his soccer uniform. The boys won their game 8-2. If we can just get Hudson kicking the ball the right direction, we'll be okay!

Now we are watching the Saints/49'ers game. I also watched the Olympic Marathon Trials. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to run a five minute mile, let alone do it for 26 miles! Sure is neat to watch, though.

2 comments:

TurboTurtle said...

4 miles--way to go, Heather! Isn't it great to overcome all the obstacles and just get the run done?? We didn't have the heat issue here--you must be somewhere a lot warmer than I am (Central Virginia). It was 31 when I finished my run at 10:15 yesterday!

Congrats on your son making the soccer team!

Heather Forcey said...

I'm in Central California. The temperature said 50, so I figured long sleeves and pants would be okay. Once I got outside, the bright sun was just too warm. Felt more like it was in the 60s. The boys had so much fun playing indoor soccer. Soccer has consumed our life!