Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Regret

Distance: 1.0 mile

I soooo badly wanted to skip my run tonight. It's been sitting on my mind ALL day.

I set my alarm for 5:15 this morning, thinking it would be good to get the one mile out of the way early. I stayed in bed.

I figured I'd leave work around four and fit the mile in before taking kids to soccer practice. I didn't leave work until 4:30. We barely had time to change into soccer clothes and eat PBJ's much less run a mile.

I figured I'd run the darn thing once I brought Hudson home at 6:30ish. I ended up being the one to stay for Evan's practice. His ONE HOUR practice turned into a 2 hour ordeal that lasted until 9:15. We didn't get home until 9:30.

I was FREEZING. The last thing I wanted to do was put on running clothes. All I wanted to do was take a hot bath and crawl into bed.

However, the thought of breaking my streak simply because I was feeling sorry for myself was more than I could bear. It takes me 12 minutes to run a mile. I could suck it up for 12 minutes. And so I did.

I can't even say it was hard, because I feel like I am getting pretty good at kicking out one mile at a 5.0 speed.

And now I am very happy that I did not break my streak for silly reasons: too tired, too cold, too pathetic. It's one thing to skip a run when I am hurt, sick, or circumstances completely make it impossible to run. Skipping for a negative attitude would only have made me wallow even more.

I ran. I feel better.

Now I need to do my 10 minutes of ab work so I continue to not regret my decisions tonight!

No comments: