Tuesday, July 13, 2010

8 Minutes

Time: 31 min.
Distance: 2.06 miles
Avg. Pace: 15:01/mi.

I can once again run for 8 minutes straight! I know that isn't the most amazing feat ever in the history of running, but it always amazes me when I successfully add more time or more distance to my run. Running is simply HARD for me to do. So each time I do better, I am proud and amazed with myself!

This morning's run included two 8-minute runs with a 5-minute walk in between. Felt pretty good. Both of the runs clocked in at under 13-minute mile paces (12:30 and 12:50). Slow, I know...but I don't care. I did it!

I'm a little nervous about Thursday's run. I never understood how the program goes from the longest stretch of 8 minutes to suddenly doing a 20 minute run with no walk break. I guess I shouldn't question it too much. I'm nowhere near being a running expert, so what do I know about the best way to increase speed or distance?!

Anyhow, good run this morning. Decent temperature, but can't wait for winter running.

No comments: