Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gettin' Serious

Time: 31 min. (Week 5)
Distance: 2.02 miles
Avg. Pace: 15:21/mi.

Walk with the boys
Distance: 1.13 miles

Today I was up and out of the house before 7 to do Day 1 of Week 5. It went okay. Not too bad. I didn't die.

Once I got home, I told the kids to hurry and get dressed, because I was planning to take them to our neighborhood park. Early in the morning is the only time we can go out, because it just gets too stinkin' hot to be outside in the afternoon. I wish we had a pool.

We ended up having to rush the three blocks home because Child #2 needed to poop. Sigh. After he took care of business, we walked BACK to the park. I kept them there til nearly 10. Once we came home, we were home for good.

And now onto the serious part. I have been doing pretty well with my exercise. Now it's time to get serious about my eating habits. I started today. My birthday is exactly seven months from now, and I'll be 36. I'd like to lose 36 pounds by my 36th birthday. That is about five pounds a month which is completely reasonable.

I'm not going to go to Weight Watchers, but since I have been a member in the past, I understand the process, and it is practical. I'll be using the WW lifestyle to keep track of what I eat. Today was a pretty great eating day.

I found a recipe in Cooking Light magazine for a Peach/Tomato salad. I would never have thought to cut up peaches, onions, and tomatoes and drizzle them with oil, vinegar, and honey! The recipe made eight servings, and I think I ate over half the bowl! It didn't matter because each serving was only one point.


Yummers!

I am also starting a three-week challenge to drink at least 64 ounces of water each day. That officially starts tomorrow. I think I got close today. No more sodas. Also, no more fake water. No flavor packets. No aspartame. Just clean, pure water. These two blogs are the creators of this challenge: ALL THE WEIGH and THE DAILY DIARY OF A WINNING LOSER. Both of these blogs are extremely inspiring.

Water, exercise, food. That seems to cover it. Getting serious.

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Wow, that peach salad sounds amazing.

Congratulations on getting to Week 5! I am so proud of you, girl!

Heather Forcey said...

Awww! Thanks! And the peach salad was sooooo good. Let me know if you want the recipe.