Thursday, July 1, 2010

Same Time, Same Distance

Time: 31:30
Distance: 2.17 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:30/mi.

My stats listed above are the exact same stats for Sunday's run. I compared the two runs, and there are slight differences in the individual walk/run segments, but overall, I was moving my body at the same speed as I was before. However, it somehow felt easier than Sunday. It definitely felt easier than running on the treadmill on Tuesday.

I wore one of my running skirts this morning. I like the way it fits, and I like how it looks. I slathered Body Glide on my thighs, so chafing wasn't on issue. The skirt didn't bunch up between my legs. But, there was a problem. The waistband slid down and the my shirt rode up leaving about two inches of my belly showing. Ewwww.

I spent quite a bit of time either trying to hike the waistband up or trying to yank the shirt down. I think that might have accounted for some of my slower run segments. Not easy yanking and tugging while trying to run.

I HATE having my belly showing. I felt like I did when I was pregnant, and I was constantly worried that the stretchy panel in my pants was showing. I was always telling my husband to tell me if the panel was showing so I could yank my shirt down.

By the end of the run I just had to let it be. Of course, normally I see NO ONE at 6 a.m., and today I must have seen 20 people out running, walking and driving. Where is everyone going at 6:17 in the morning?

Short of pinning my shirt to my skirt, I'm not sure what to do about this little wardrobe issue. Maybe I'm just self conscious about it because I don't exactly have a flat stomach.

On a happier note, it was a glorious 60 degrees out this morning! Yahoo! It felt so good to be out in the cool, fresh, nippy air. It is still supposed to get into the 90's this afternoon, but that's okay. I plan to be indoors when that happens.


Non-running related photo of my boys and their blankets. They aren't even aware of me. Probably watching SpongeBob. Good thing they are such active little buggers during the day.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear about the tummy slippage. I have a similar problem because I have no hips/butt but I have a chubby tummy so my shorts always fall under my belly and it's especially frustrating when I'm kickboxing because I have to stop and pull off my boxing gloves to pull my shorts back up.