Saturday, July 31, 2010

Better Than Last Month

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 45:06 min.

I have been rather inconsistent with my exercise for the month of July. I did manage to work out 3-4 days a week for most of the month, but I gave up walking, and I slipped up big last week.

That being said, I set out this morning to go at least three miles. The reason I wanted to go that far? I wanted to do better in my mileage for the month of July than I did for the month of June, and three miles would just get me over the mark!

I ran in 8-minute segments and walked in 3-minute segments until I got to three miles. It took me 45:06 min. That gives me great hope that by the time the Susan G. Komen race rolls around, I'll be able to run it in under 40 minutes. Hey, I might even shoot for something crazy like 36 minutes!

Once again, it felt good to be out moving. Waking up early on a Saturday isn't always easy, but the temperatures are worth it.

One little nagging problem is heel pain and shin splints. I'll admit, I don't stretch, and I have sucked with my weight training. Need to do better. And I will.

No comments: