Thursday, July 22, 2010

Two Miles

Time: 35:12 min.
Distance: 2.54 miles
Avg. Running Pace: 12:34/mi.
Avg. Total Pace: 13:51/mi.

When I set off on long runs (hee hee, I am still at a point where I consider two miles to be a looooong run!), my mind is so much more in control than my body. If my mind sucks it up and says, "I can do this," then I feel fine. When my mind gives in to the huffing and puffing and the aches and pains, then I want to quit.

My mind was in charge this morning. Last Thursday I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. Today I did the distance of two miles. It took me 25 minutes and 12 seconds for a 12:34/mi. pace. I am pleased. I am proud. I also love that my running pace has the numbers 1-2-3-4 all in a row! Yes, I am strange like that! (I also love that everyone in my little family here was born on an odd day, and the three boys are the 3rd, 13th, and 23rd!)

Run is done, I've already downed a glass of water and a Fiber One bar, I washed all the dishes, and I'm now about to jump in the shower and start the rest of my day. I feel really good right now!

1 comment:

BeckyK said...

Two miles IS a long run. How many adults can say they ran consecutive two miles . . .ever!?! Hooray for you!!!! Keep it up!