Friday, July 9, 2010

Not Feeling It

Time: 30:46 min.
Distance: 2 miles
Avg. Pace: 15:22/mi.

I guess I am still feeling a bit sluggish from being sick. Or maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Whatever the reason, I cut my run short this morning. That is something that I haven't done since I started running again five weeks ago. I hate that I did it, but I felt so weak out there.

In total, I got in a mile of running before deciding to skip the final 1/2 mile. I just walked until I hit the two mile mark and called it a morning.

I think I am going to move on to Week 5 in the program next week. The perfectionist part of me wants to finish Week 4 1/2 in a positive way (as opposed to how it ended this morning), but I have to get over the fact that not every run is going to be great...or even successful...or even finished! It's okay to move forward even if I didn't feel like I conquered the prior week. And by conquer, I mean finish, even if it is with super slow times.

On a positive note, I have stuck to my short sessions of weight training. I did my arms this morning.

We are going to go see Despicable Me today. My daycare provider is on vacation, so I am taking Child #2 and Child #1 (along with the rest of the summer school kids). He has never been to a movie before, so we'll see how he does. I am fully prepared to hang out in the lobby if he can't handle it, but I hope he enjoys the movie.

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Sounds like you were under the weather and it was probably for the best that you took it easy. ::hugs::

I can't wait to hear how Despicable Me is.

Heather Forcey said...

Despicable Me was good...at least the parts I got to see. Note to self - the 2-year-old is not ready for a movie at the theater. We'll try again in two years! I will buy the movie when it comes out. It was funny and cute.