Saturday, July 17, 2010

Four Days a Week

Time: 35 min.
Distance: 2.38 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:41/mi.

The Couch to 5K program calls for three days of running. I have been doing three days of running with sporadic walking on the off days. I want to increase my running to four days a week with two days of walking. Eventually I'd like to be up to running five or six days, but I want to increase slowly. Last winter I had some nagging hip problems from running, and I'd like to avoid that.

I didn't set my alarm to go running early today. I wasn't really even planning to go this morning. I was at my computer at 7ish, and Eric asked me if I was heading out. I said no.

Then I started reading weight loss and running blogs, and I started to get some motivation! I kept checking the temperature outside. I knew I'd feel better the entire day if I just got out there and got moving. I also knew that I would not want to get on the treadmill, even though I always say "I'll run on the treadmill later." The dreaded "later."

I got my running gear on, told the kids to be good, kissed Eric, and headed out for a somewhat hot run. I did two 10-minute runs in the bright and sunny 80-degree morning. I am not a sun worshiper, so getting out in the 6 o'clock hour to avoid direct sunlight is a good thing for me...besides it being cooler.

Not the easiest or best run, but I don't regret getting out there. I love that saying or various versions of it. In effect, you don't regret exercise, but you will probably regret NOT exercising. I won't regret eating healthy, but I'll probably regret eating junk. Etc, etc.

Enough of my ramblings. We are headed out to get allergy shots. Three out of the four of us get poked, and it's just a matter of time before Child #2 starts injection therapy. I do have to say, it's been a pretty mild allergy season for me this year. I guess years of being on shots has finally paid off!

No comments: