Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Water

The oddest thing happened this morning. I woke up wanting and craving water.

I have spent the past three days being very mindful of drinking at least 64 ounces of pure, non-packet flavored, non-carbonated aspartame laced water. I like my water cold. I measured one of my big cups, and it holds 16 ounces of water along with 10 ice cubes. As long as I drink four of those puppies, I'm good.

I've never been much of a pure water drinker, so imagine my surprise this morning when I woke up and all I could think about was downing some ice cold water. Hmmmmm. Maybe this water challenge will be a good thing for me.

I walked around the house with my glass of water, opening windows, getting my shower ready, and checking Facebook. Before I knew it, my first 16 ounces were gone, and I felt more alert and refreshed. And I needed that this morning because Child #2 decided his bedtime should be 11 last night, and he woke up several times in the night. I was ready to scream.

This water challenge is becoming a pleasant surprise.

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

You go, girl! ::high fives::

BeckyK said...

You've got me motivated to drink more water than coffee (yes--even in hot weather). The last two days I've drank a 1/2 gallon of water. Not a fan of water, either; however, I put cucumber slices in it yesterday--not too bad.