Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 6 - A Bust

Time: 31 min.
Distance: 2.17 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:17/mi.

My lazy brain took over this week, and I only ran on Monday and today. (My goal is to run 4 days a week.) I didn't even follow Week 6's plan on the two days that I did run, so I am going to follow it starting on Sunday. I am also going to run tomorrow, but I'll run according to how I feel rather than follow times or distances.

I gave in to the laziness. I was so lazy on Wednesday that I set out on my run, but my Garmin died at 6 minutes, and I quit and walked home. I could have used my phone for a timer, but I didn't want to bother with it. I didn't want to run without knowing my distance. Major cop out on my part.

The key for me is to keep going. Even if I don't want to run or eat healthy, I need to do it for a few days. Then I trick my brain into thinking this is the norm. Then it becomes the norm. If I act lazy and eat junk, my brain thinks that is the norm. I want the healthy norm.

My run this morning was just what I needed. I certainly did not want to get up, but I was very happy after I was done.

And now on with my day.

No comments: