Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Day of June

Time: 30 min.
Distance: 1.6 miles
Avg. Pace: 18:43/mi.

It's the last day of the month, so I am excited to update my June totals in the sidebar at the right. Not as good as January when I was at my strongest, but certainly better than piddly February and March. We won't talk about April and May.

Feels good to be back in the habit of moving my body. Now if I could just get my mind wrapped around watching my food intake. It'll come. Regardless of how I am eating during the rest of the day, I am starting the morning off by eating a Fiber One bar. They are great because they give you 9 grams of fiber! They taste good, too. Right now I'm into the Oats and Strawberries with Almonds.

Now if I would just force myself into eating fruits and vegetables until it becomes a habit.

Not much else going on around here. I went and saw the movie Grown Ups yesterday. It was pretty funny. I ended up sitting by an old couple, and I kept sneaking looks at the old man. He didn't seem to think the movie was funny at all, and he never once laughed or even smiled. I guess he didn't like the humor. Probably not the best choice of movies for him. Me? I was laughing the whole way through. However, I'm not always the best judge of movies because it doesn't take much to make me laugh, and I am pretty easily entertained. It has to be pretty bad for me not to like it.

I also laughed (almost hysterically) as I walked up to the theater and saw a bunch of people sitting under shade tents in lawn chairs, blankets, and towels. For a second I thought maybe there was a farmer's market going on. Yes, I am that unaware sometimes. Just crazy Twilight fans. Don't get me wrong. I read and own all the books...and like them. I have also seen the first two movies, and I intend to see this one. However, there is not much on God's green earth that could get me to sit on pavement for 19 hours in 100 degree heat. And that something certainly wouldn't be a movie. Sheesh! I was cracking up with the ticket taker in the theater because I asked her if the people out there realized that it was 100 degrees outside? She said, "Oh honey, don't engage them! Don't even look them in the eye! They are crazy!" That gave me a smile the rest of the afternoon!

Today I want to go see Knight and Day. Maybe tomorrow I'll see Eclipse. Three movies in one week would be my personal record. I was talking to the priest at my church yesterday, and he saw five movies last week while on vacation. He's got me beat!

Need to go help Child #1 finish homework that he couldn't do last night because he was too busy having a meltdown. And it was very hard homework. He had to write the days of the week two times. I'm such a mean mom for making him go to summer school!

No comments: