Tuesday, June 15, 2010

#7

Time: 30 min.
Distance: 1.62 miles
Avg. Pace: 18:33/mi.

I got up at 6 a.m. and went for a walk. It is strange for me to choose walking as my exercise activity. I never feel like I get "enough" of a workout when I just stroll along. Walking is easy. Running kills me. I need to get past that mentality of having to suffer to get a decent workout.

Today is a rest day from running, so I needed to choose something different. I didn't feel like using the elliptical, and I don't have any workout DVDs at the moment (not that I'd use them anyhow).

Even though 6 is early in the summer, I am finding that I really like my time roaming through the neighborhood. It's the quiet time before the day begins and kids need, need, need. It's time where my thoughts can wander any old way they want to. And it's cool outside. Which is the best part!

So walking it was. Plus, I took a different route than I do when I run. That changed it up a bit and got me out of my immediate neighborhood.

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

I feel the same way about walking but I've learned to enjoy it with a group of friends. I still prefer to run when I'm by myself.

Tricia said...

I love walking
even when I run I try to make time in my day for a walk