Sunday, June 27, 2010

Starting Week 4


My baby and me at the zoo on Friday.

Time: 31:30 min.
Distance: 2.17 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:30/mi.

Today I started Week 4 of Couch to 5K. It seems to me like the program jumps rather quickly once you get to this point. I must say, running is sooooooo not easy for me. It is something I have to work at to feel comfortable with it at all. That being said, I was rather pleased with my times and paces.

Today was the first day I used the "lap reset" button on the Garmin. Today was also the first day that the program called for 1/4 miles and 1/2 miles to be run. Without getting into too much detail, I managed to keep pace with both 3-minute 1/4 -mile run segments, but I was a bit slow for the 5-minute 1/2-mile run segments. It gives me something to work towards.

I am toying with the idea of staying in this week and not progressing on until I can run the distances in the time the program suggests. I've already got the 1/4 miles down, so now I just need to work on speeding up those 1/2 miles. We'll see what I decide as the week goes on.

We are off to the in-laws today. Glad I got my run done, but it was already in the mid-70's when I set out at 7 a.m. Yuck. Wishing for winter.

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations on starting Week 4! I remember all too well how I felt like the program really jumped, too. I was so terrified to move on to the next week that I would just repeat weeks over and over again.

I wish it was cold year-round, too.

Evolving Through Running said...

Good job moving into Week 4. It will get easier, but they you'll seek out the next hard thing. That's what keeps it interesting.

Completely unrelated - my sister's name is Heather Forkey, and when I saw your name in the followers on another site at first glance I thought it might be her. However, I can't remember her ever having done any running, so clearly I need to get some coffee pronto.