Saturday, June 12, 2010

#5

Time: 32:30 min.
Distance: 2.19 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:52/mi.

I am on to week two of Couch to 5K. Last week was run 60 second intervals and walk 90 second intervals. Today jumped it up to run 90 second intervals and walk 2 minutes. I am pleased with my times and pace.

I am more pleased about the fact that this is technically my first day of summer vacation, and I actually set my alarm for 6 a.m. and was up and out the door by 6:15! As much as I love staying up late and sleeping in, it makes me feel so unproductive and lazy. That's just not how I want to spend my summer.

Getting up early to run will hopefully keep me from falling into that oh so easy pattern of stay up til 1 a.m. and sleep til 9.

Last week I was running for a total of 9 minutes. This week's plan calls for 10 1/2 minutes of running. I felt more tired, but I love knowing I'm getting stronger. I always get anxious to do more and more at the early stages, but I'm forcing myself not to jump ahead and do too much. I had hip and foot pain when I started this last fall. I'd rather not go through that again.


These are the flowers out in front of my house. They are my agapanthus, and every year I wait for them to "pop!" And they are popping because it is warming up!


My 5-year-old is now my partner in counting the buds that are going to bloom. Each day I get a new report from him that there are 19 flowers about to pop! I love this purple flower!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations on week 2, girl! Whoo hoo!

That's so cute that your 5-year-old counts your agapanthus buds.