Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Like Morning Better

Time: 34 min.
Distance: 2.28 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:54/mi.

After being up yesterday by 5:30, out of the house by 7, and walking around a theme park all day, I was only wanting to sleep in this morning. That didn't quite happen with the two little people waking us up fairly early, but I was in no mood to go for my early morning run.

I should have gone.

I put it off and put it off and decided to wait until the evening. At 7:40 tonight, I set off. It wasn't what I'd call "hot" at 79 degrees, but it is a good 10 degrees or more cooler when I run in the morning. There are a lot more people out and about in the evening. I used to like that fact. It made me feel safer. But now I just want the solitude and peace of dawn.

Anyhow, I am glad I didn't skip the run. I really had no intention of skipping it. I just now know that when possible I need to run early.

I started Week 3 of Couch to 5K. Due to my weird and strange running rules for myself, I was out there for 34 minutes. Twelve of those minutes were running, and the rest were walking. Soon enough I'll build up to where I'm running more than I am walking.

After only two full weeks of running, I can tell that my endurance is getting better. My legs were hurting more than my lungs during the three-minute run. I haven't integrated weights as of yet, but I am going to start that this week. I started by doing 16 sit ups on my exercise ball once I got back this evening. Pathetically few, I know, but I'll build from there. Making myself do the weight training is difficult. More difficult than making myself run, and that is quite a feat.

It was an extremely lazy Father's Day, but I'm glad I ended the day with my workout.

No comments: