Monday, June 14, 2010

#6


I set out at about 6:15 this morning for my run. I got back and found my babies snuggled in bed together. The little one was asleep, and the big one was watching SpongeBob. As much as I wanted to be snuggled right in there with them, I felt good for running.

Time: 32:30 min.
Distance: 2.14 miles
Avg. Pace: 15:13 mi.

I did not improve this morning. I slipped a bit. That's okay. I felt tired, and definitely didn't push myself to go faster. I went to bed late, and even when I tried to fall asleep, I couldn't. I was also hungry.

I do love being up and out before a good portion of the neighborhood is even moving. I saw a dad taking two teenage boys to football practice at the nearby high school. Man, is it just me, or do high school sports seem waaaaayyyyy more intense than when I was participating in them?

I remember summer training starting about two weeks before school started. Um, these kids just had their last day of school on Friday, and they are already training for football. Geez. No summer vacation for kids these days!

I only saw about four people this morning. I love that! And I love that it is still cool at 6:15. Hate the summer heat, and it's starting to kick in around here.

P.S. Happy Anniversary to my friend Ann and her husband Jason. Happy Birthday to my friend Julie. And Happy Flag Day to all.

No comments: