Friday, June 25, 2010

End of Week 3 Running

Time: 34 min.
Distance: 2.3 miles
Avg. Pace: 14:47/mi.

I didn't increase my distance or pace, but I felt a bit stronger today. At least at the beginning of my run!

I am hoping my running skirts get here soon. Like today. I wore shorts and spent the entire run/walk yanking on them. I hate that. Not to mention that I look like a complete dork with my shorts bunched up and doing things they shouldn't be doing. Sigh.

I am spending the morning with Child #2. Normally Child #1 is always around, but he'll go to summer school this morning while #2 and I play at Target and the zoo! Later this afternoon all of us are going swimming at a friend's house.

#2 is not happy about this. I have tried to explain to him many times that he had me all to himself for three years before his brother came along (which I think he still hasn't gotten over!). He still gets me to himself more often because he goes to school where I teach. There are many afternoons where he'll hang in my classroom or we'll go get an ice cream before picking up #2. Reasoning with a 2-year-old is hard, but reasoning with a stubborn 5-year-old isn't much better. He understands perfectly. He just doesn't want to admit it.

I have got to hop in the shower so we can start our day.

No comments: