Monday, June 28, 2010

Starting Off Right


Pretty sunset from the other night. I wanted to see if I could capture the colors.

Time: 37:53 min.
Distance: 2.0 miles
Avg. Pace: 18:56/mi.

Today was a walk day. Instead of a 30 minute walk, I decided to do a 2 mile walk. It worked out nicely since I got up extra early. It was 78 when I left for my walk. I am sorry I continually talk about the weather and how hot it is. And I know there are many places that are much hotter than the Fresno area, but being hot makes me crazy. I can't help but fixate on it. It should not be in the upper 70's for a 6 a.m. walk! It just shouldn't!

We spent yesterday at my in-law's. It was a pleasant visit. The kids always like to see Mama and Papa. Got home, watched Army Wives, and went to bed.

This morning I am headed to my mom's house. We are going to have my dad's ashes placed out at the cemetery. There will be a tiny service for just us. Dad died over a year ago, and Mom has had his ashes on her bookshelf, but we recently realized it is hard not having a "place" to go visit to talk to him. (Standing in front of the bookshelf wasn't going to work!)

I better go make my husband's lunch and get ready so I can get out of here on time!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

That sunset show is absolutely amazing. I am hoping with my spiffy new camera that I'll be able to capture shots like that.

And no need to apologize about the heat whining. When the June Gloom fades, I'll either complain about the heat non-stop or not run at all.