Friday, June 18, 2010

Tired of Numbered Titles

My numbered titles didn't last long. I don't like naming my posts, because I feel so much pressure to be witty. And I don't consider myself witty. We'll see what I come up with in the future.

Time: 35:06
Distance: 2.25 miles
Avg. Pace: 15:37/mi.

I alternated 1/4 mile walks and 1/4 mile jogs. In total, I ran 1 mile. Yay! Granted, it wasn't all at the same time, but I am making progress. I am going to be so ready for the Susan G. Komen this year! That reminds me, I need to sign up!

I made some really good food choices yesterday. I have received a lot of inspiration from Tricia at THIS BLOG. Her story is amazing, and I really like her way of thinking.

Last night Eric told me not to put any more Oreos in his lunch. He is taking baby steps to be healthier as well. That meant there was a half container of Oreos left. I so badly wanted to have one. I settled for popcorn. The Smart Pop left me full, and I never went back for the Oreo.


This is my go-to drink right now. Soda is one of my biggest vices. I love any and all soda. Grape, Dr. Pepper, Orange, Root Beer, Ginger Ale, Coke, Mountain Dew, you name it. Pepsi and I are in love with each other. But I am not in love with the calories. People usually tell me to drink diet, but I am also not in love with the caffeine or the headaches that come with forgetting to drink caffeine.

My problem is that I don't drink coffee. If I am addicted to caffeine, I kind of need to start my day with it. However, I don't like the idea of sipping diet Pepsi at 6:30 in the morning. Not that I haven't ever been guilty of that, but I really don't want to do it now. My only other option is to give up caffeine, and for me, it really means I need to give up soda.

Enter my new little drinking friend...Clear. I get the 1 liter bottles at Vons for 83 cents each. They have nothing in them except flavoring, and some are even enhanced with vitamins and calcium. How great is that? The best part is they are carbonated, so I feel like I am drinking soda, even though I'm drinking water. It really helps with the soda cravings.

No comments: