Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Slow Walk

Time: 30 min.
Distance: 1.62 miles
Avg. Pace: 18:33/mi.

I was content to be out walking this morning, but I just wasn't feeling the fast pace. Not sure if there was anything wrong in particular, but I just didn't feel the need to zip up my pace like I have on previous walks.

My legs are still hurting from using weights two days ago. Sheesh.

It's definitely starting to heat up here. We are into the upper 90's. That makes even my 6 a.m. walks slightly warm at 70 degrees. I live for temps that are 60 and below. I just don't understand people who say they love to feel the heat on their skin. I'm sure those people don't understand me when I say I love the cold. Given a choice, I would run outside in 40 degrees rather than run in 80 degrees. Ugh. Unfortunately for me, I live in a place where we have warm weather for 7 months out of the year.

I shouldn't complain, because we have had a seriously mild May and June. We've only had to use the A/C a handful of times so far this season.

Not doing so great with food choices over the past two days. I need to get a handle on that. I'm thinking I might need to buckle down and start either counting points or calories. Points would probably be easier since I know that system. Making myself do it is another issue. Movie popcorn is becoming my downfall. Even without butter, it's got to be loaded with calories. It's hard to sit at the theater without popcorn to munch.

I saw the A-Team yesterday, and then I took Child #1 to see Toy Story 3 today. Super cute. This makes my 4th movie in less than two weeks. I love summer vacation!

At some point, I WILL do arm exercises with weights and crunches (before bed).



Child #1 got hurt at summer school. He and another kid hit hard on the blacktop while playing basketball. Poor little man was trying so hard not to cry. He's tough. At least that's what he told me as I bandaged him up.

I am getting a massage with a friend tonight. Looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

poor kiddo

The Green Girl said...

I cannot understand how people could love the heat either. I just feel so miserable when I'm sweating profusesly.

Hope your massage goes well!