Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Skirts!

Time: 36:29 min.
Distance: 1.59 miles
Avg. Pace: 22:54/mi.


I know this was a very slow walk, but I was actually on a field trip this morning with my son and the rest of the summer school kids. We walked from our school over to the public library to check out books and watch a fun snake show.

I wanted to see how far it was there and back. It made for a nice little walk, even if it was slow and hot. I was the leader of our little pack and had to keep stopping to let everyone catch up. Didn't want to lose any kiddos along the way!


We stopped for ice cream on the walk back. I was too thirsty for ice cream, but Evan enjoyed some chocolate chip cookie dough.

Time: 31:30 min.
Distance: 2.059 miles
Avg. Pace: ? This was a treadmill run.


Okay. How is it possible that I actually run faster outside? I don't get it. I don't run faster by much, but the whole process just feels easier outside. Is it because outside my times are made up of my averages...so I am able to slow down and speed up as needed? On the treadmill it is a steady pace, and it wears me out.

In any case, it wasn't a very pleasant run tonight on my treadmill in my house at 80 degrees. However, that was better than the alternative of being outside in 95 degree heat in the dark (which I don't do).

I've never been much of a morning exerciser, but I am enjoying getting the workout done early (when it is cooler), and then it doesn't interfere with the rest of my day. When I run at night, it cuts into family time. Morning is just better all the way around. I intend to keep it up at least until school starts in August. Then I'll have to reevaluate.

But the best thing is that my two new running skirts arrived in the mail today! Yay! I wore one this evening to run, and I like it. It certainly didn't bunch up between my legs like shorts do, so that is a plus. My favorite thing to run in are my black yoga pants. Love 'em, but it's a bit too hot for those right now. Hopefully the skirts will do the trick when I start racing again.

On a totally non-running note, my two-year-old keeps coming into the room with his little toy gun saying, "Put yours hands up!" If I wasn't so irritated that he's still awake at 10 p.m., I'd be busting up laughing. He is such a character.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

I'm so glad you liked the running skirt! Whoo hoo!