Thursday, January 27, 2011

10%

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 41:55 min.

Last night was a super cool night, but I was too tired too blog about it. But now I'm ready to share.

I reached my 10% goal at Weight Watchers last night!!! My weekly goal is always to lose a pound a week, so I didn't have much more than that as an expectation walking in the door. I was surprised to find that I'd lost three pounds this week! That is pretty big for me.

Even better, though, was realizing that I made my 10%! I've lost a total of 19.2 pounds. For the non math wizards out there, that means that I started at 190 and am now down to 170.8! (I sort of can't believe that I wrote my weight for the world to see, but I'm sort of at the point in this journey where I feel like it's just a number and it doesn't explain all of who I am. I care more about the numbers that say I can run 2.5 miles!)

I was so happy to receive my 10% keychain. Whenever I see it, I feel so proud of myself.


Fuzzy photo of my new keychain.


I feel better about myself than I have in a very long time. I feel strong and capable. And I've got a new keychain!

I ran 2.5 miles tonight on the treadmill. It took about 31 minutes to get it done at a 4.7 mph speed. I felt like I could have continued if necessary. I love that feeling. One thing I am realizing is that it is hard to do a good run when several hours have gone by with no food. Tonight I ran about an hour after dinner and felt strong. I just don't like it getting so late when I do that.

It is exciting to know that I will be capable of running three miles very soon!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations, girl, that is huge and you should be very proud of yourself!