Thursday, January 20, 2011

Early

Distance: 2.416 miles
Time: 35 min.

I have plans with a friend tonight. We haven't seen each other in months. In fact, I think it's coming up on a year the last time we got together. And we only live 45 minutes away from each other.

Luckily, this is the type of friendship that can pick up right where we left off...whether a year has passed or two days has passed.

Rather than blow off my workout for today, I decided to suck it up and get up at 5 a.m. to get my run done. Ugh. Did I say 5 a.m? When the alarm went off, Eric asked me why I was up!

I rolled out of bed, got dressed and got on my treadmill. You would think the loud motor and pounding of my feet would wake people up. Um, no. They all slept soundly through the noise.

I even got in 10 minutes of squats and lunges. I feel like I've been busy all morning.

As I was finishing my workout, I realized that I left one thing out from Christmas. I do this every year. Last year it was the snowman cookie jar. This year? I left out a snowman wall hanging. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it or take it down! It reminds me of chilly and happy days!


Let it snow! Although, I do have to admit, I am getting a little weary of the gray and sunless days.

In any case, workout is done. No excuses today.

No comments: