Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two Miles!

Distance: 2.04 miles
Time: We'll say 24:30 min. I forgot to stop my watch!

This morning was the two mile race that I signed up for on Thursday. It was great! After watching my 6-year-old place first in his race and watching my 3-year-old have a blast in his race, I headed to my start line.

My coworker (the music teacher at my school) found me, and we ended up running the whole two miles together.

My goal was to run for at least 20 minutes and then run/walk to the finish. Having Elaine run with me made it easier to focus on something other than my huffing and puffing! She chattered, and I gasped out sentences!

Once we hit 20 minutes (about 1.6 miles), I figured I could finish the whole two miles without walking. I did it! Yay me!

I really enjoy the atmosphere of a race. It's just fun.

I don't think we got any photos of me, so I'll post one of my little people.


The boys just before their races. I love making running a family event.

By the way, I am going to live vicariously through Child #1. He placed first in his race and got an awesome trophy!

1 comment:

BeckyK said...

Way to go!!!! I opted for a run to the donut shop vs. a run in the powdery (slippery) snow. Reading your post motivates me to get out there tomorrow! Good job!