Sunday, January 9, 2011

Great weekend, great run, great distance

Distance: 2.22 miles (I love that it is all 2's!)
Time: 30 min.

We had such a fun family weekend. Yesterday besides the race, basketball game and soccer game, we also played a family game of Wii, took a family nap, and had a really nice dinner together at The Old Spaghetti Factory.

Today we lounged all morning, went to Costco and Fresh N Easy for groceries, and then came home for some physical activity.

By the time we got home from shopping, it was a bit after 4. I asked Eric if he thought I'd make it for a run before it gets dark. (I don't run in the dark because I am a big chicken.) He suggested that he and the boys ride their bikes with me while I did my run!

I was super excited about that, so I changed my clothes lickety split and we headed off. The 3-year-old did semi-okay at staying out of the middle of the road. Luckily we live in a fairly low-key neighborhood. Not many people were out and about at 4:30 on a freezing cold Sunday.

I LOVED that the whole family was getting exercise together! It made my day. And even with having to hop out of Child #2's way when he would veer into me, I still managed to run 20 minutes, keeping at an 11:55 pace! Yay me!

Today's run was the first one since I started up again where I felt strong! I wasn't talking myself into "just one more minute." I just ran. Sure, I got tired, but I knew I was going to make it the full 20 minutes. These good runs sure help make the bad ones more bearable.

Once we got home, Husband prepared a new recipe from the Weight Watchers website. Broccoli Beef stir fry. Yum!


This entire plate of food was only 5 points! For those who don't know WW points, that is an extremely good value for the amount of food on my plate.

I don't like broccoli, so I threw that back in the wok and threw some red and green peppers into the mix. So good!

Just a great family weekend. Love these days.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a good weekend, girl! And awesome you found a tasty low point meal!