Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year/Happy Birthday Mom!

Distance: 2.32 miles
Time: 32 min.

Last night was the first time in a long time that we actually stayed up to midnight to see in the new year. Usually we watch the East Coast feed and call it good. However, the 6-year-old really wanted to see the ball drop. He fell asleep at 11:30.

In any case, we stayed up and kissed in the new year and cheered with apple cider. Then I slept in until 10! Wow! Thank you, Honey for herding the kids into the family room so I could stay asleep! It is going to be so stinking hard to get back to reality on Monday. And by reality, I mean waking up at 5:45. Ugh.

Today is my mom's 66th birthday, so we were planning to meet at a Japanese restaurant for her birthday lunch. I wanted to get my run in before we left. There was a slight break in the rain, so I decided to head outdoors for the run.

Felt pretty good. Love the new shoes. I accidentally ran for 30 seconds longer than planned. Weird.

After meeting up and having a great lunch, my kiddos convinced Grandma that they should spend the night at her house! Yes! So, we are sans kids for the evening. Pretty good day!


Me and Husband enjoying lunch with my mom and family.


My mom with the gift we got her...a mousepad with a picture of her and her grandsons. Awwww!

P.S. I am having issues with changing the look of my blog. I sort of like the new background, but I can't figure out how to change font colors, title color, etc. I already spent enough time working on it today. I'll try to fix it another time.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Happy New Year!

I like how the new layout has the grommets with the pink polka dot ribbon - very cute!