Sunday, January 16, 2011

Better Than Yesterday

Distance: 2.76 miles
Time: 35 min.
Avg. Pace for the running portion: 11:34/mile

I was extremely pleased with my run today. My pace was almost a minute faster per mile! I guess it helped that I didn't run two miles in the morning, and I was not running on a full stomach. It's the little things. Oh, and no hives today!

I ran the same distance as yesterday in over three minutes less time! I was pretty excited about that!

It just boggles my mind that seven weeks ago I was barely able to run for 60 seconds without huffing and puffing and wanting to die. Now I can run for 25 minutes at a pace that is in my goal range. I need to remember how I am impressed with myself right now the next time I get down about my lack of running skills.


Me after running for 25 minutes. I look frightened or in pain. I was neither. I was just standing in my kitchen. Although the state of my kitchen is enough to frighten anybody.


There. Not scared, but definitely gross and sweaty. And good grief my forehead looks enormous.

The boys rode bikes while I ran. I love doing this as a family. Then they threw a football around while I did leg and arm weights outside. I did walking lunges across our giant cul de sac. It took 32 lunges to get to the other side!

We plan to head to the park tomorrow for a bike ride and picnic. I am so pleased that we are becoming more active as a family. A year ago this just wasn't happening. Makes my little heart swell!

No comments: