Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little By Little

I lost another 1.6 pounds at weigh-in today. Little by little I am shrinking. Choice by choice, day by day, point by point.

The topic at today's meeting was about how this is not a diet but a lifestyle. That is all fine and good until I reach a point where I simply don't want to track everything I eat. I want to eat without consequence. However, that doesn't work for me.

I hope that if and when I reach the point of not wanting to track, I will remember that I am not depriving myself of special treats and good food. I am simply being mindful of what I put into my mouth.

This past week we ate at the Spaghetti Factory, I enjoyed a box of candy hearts, I ate real chips (not the baked kind), and I had a scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream. And I still lost weight. It's because the rest of the time I made good choices, and I didn't convince myself that I needed a treat just because it was Tuesday.

Is this always easy? No, not at all. Is it worth it? Yes.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Good for you! Here's a little saying that helps me a bit when something particularly yummy is tempting me: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." And then I just take a smaller portion if I really can't resist. ; )

You are so awesome. I've been exercising but not really been the best at tracking my food intake...and that's really what I need to do--the exercise just becomes bonus after the intake is under control, you know?

Heather Forcey said...

Carol - I like that saying as well. Another one I appreciate when it comes to a workout is, "You'll never regret completing a workout, but you'll regret NOT completing one." Helps to move me out the door!

Tricia said...

congrats on the loss