Monday, January 10, 2011

I WON!!!!!


I found out today that I won third place at the race I ran on Saturday morning!!!!

Eric texted me this morning telling me the news. I was so excited that I shared it with the 8th graders sitting at their desks. They clapped for me!

I never in a million years thought I would ever win one of these races. It just made my day!

I called the organization to see about getting my trophy. I wanted my trophy. Now I know how Evan must feel when he wins his races! The man said he would leave the trophy at the front desk.

I picked it up after school.

One of the best parts about this was telling Evan. I found him at recess and told him I won third place and get a trophy just like him. He smiled and jumped into my arms for a huge hug!

Talk about having and keeping my motivation!


This little beauty is on display on top of the tv. The kids in my class want me to bring it to school!

The only thing "cooler" than this would have been if I had actually stayed for the award ceremony on Saturday morning. We left because I never win.

My official time for the two miles was 24:25. Not bad for just getting back into this!

3 comments:

The Green Girl said...

That is awesome! Congratulations, girl, I am so proud of you!

Carol said...

Wow, way to go! That's awesome! I'm looking into doing a 5K here. Too bad we're not closer so we could run it together!

Carol said...

(Pssst...you might have to change the title of your blog if you keep up this winning business!) : )