Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow and Steady


Me again.

I am pleased to report that I lost another pound this week! That brings me to a total of 13 pounds lost.

Tonight's WW topic was about tracking and working at this slow and steady. I've got the tracking thing down. I was meticulous tracking my food while on vacation. I think that is why I continued to lose even through Christmas and New Year's.

The slow and steady is something I have to remind myself of...whether it be weight loss or running...or anything. Our leader gave us the best perspective tonight. If I lose one pound a week, by Valentine's Day, I'll be down six pounds. I'd be down 11 pounds by St. Patrick's Day. And so on throughout the year.

Weight didn't pile on overnight, and it is not going to come off overnight.

Slow and steady. I've got time.

I also did my elliptical workout tonight. I did it on Monday as well. Tomorrow is the last day in my workout week. Friday is my rest day before I am scheduled to run for 20 minutes on Saturday. That first 20-minute run is always so daunting.

No comments: