Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 17 No Soda

Running Log:
2.6 miles - 38 min.
Treadmill speeds 4.9, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3

I felt out of sorts today. I had a great weekend, and it was just hard for me to get into the swing of things today. My schedule wasn't quite like it usually is on a Monday, so it just had me a bit out of whack.

I also didn't get to my run until 8:45 this evening. I love how I feel when I am done exercising, but it is hard to keep up the motivation when it is 8:45. This late start time was only partially within my control. But I did it. Eric was snug in bed, but I put on my workout clothes and ran! I deserve brownie points for that!

And my last gripe for the day is my hip is hurting to the point that I am really seriously thinking about getting medical attention. Before, I was only pondering the possibility. I took ibuprofen 30 minutes before my run, so I was able to get through with minimal pain. I know that my method here isn't fixing my hip, but rather just masking the pain. I guess I am reluctant to go to the doctor because I don't want him to tell me to stop running. I have made so much progress. I don't ever recall a time when I was so consistent with exercise. I feel like I CAN'T stop now. I'm going to ice my hip and do some stretching while I watch the end of The Bachelor.

I am happy I completed my run. It has helped make the "off" Monday a bit better.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Heather, here's something that could be helpful to you--I know you read other running blogs already but my step-sis who is now the marathon queen of the family has started her own running blog: http://upandrunningaz.blogspot.com/ You might like to check that out, and even more, you could email her directly from a link there and ask her what she thinks about that hip. I'm not enough of a runner to give you advice on that--I can understand not wanting to stop since it throws everything off but at the same time I wouldn't want you to be making that injury any worse than it is--so it may be worth it to approach a more experienced runner for her input. You can tell her you're a friend of mine.

Heather Forcey said...

Thanks Carol! I will check out her blog and ask her opinion. I am pleased that some very deep stretching and ice has eliminated the need for any more medicine. I guess I just need to know if I should nurse it or seek help.