Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rough

Running Log:
3.6 miles - 49:32 min.

Today's run was rough. Really rough. I wanted to be sure to get my run done before heading to the Talent Show at school.

I hopped on the treadmill and ran for 11 minutes. Then I remembered that I wanted to call for information about two upcoming races. If I waited until I was done with my run, it would have been after 5. So I paused the treadmill and ran to make a quick call.

Got back on the treadmill. Ran for a bit, and then heard the phone ring. I told Evan to answer it. He did, but then I didn't hear anything else. I had to start yelling for Evan to come and tell me who it was and what they wanted. It was Eric calling to say he was on his way home. During this exchange I slowed the treadmill to a walk.

I asked Evan to get me my cell phone and realized it was 5. I had to pause the treadmill again to go get Hudson from daycare. I didn't know if my numbers would still be there when I got back, but I knew I had gone 2.5 miles at that point.

Ran to get Hudson, got back in the house, and finished up the last 1.1 miles of my workout. Rough, I tell ya. It just wasn't the run I had envisioned all day. I was so irritated with the interruptions and pauses that I was near tears at the end. Silly, but I just wanted to finish strong, and that wasn't happening.

Got my 3.6 done, took a fast shower, ate a fast dinner, and went to the Talent Show. There is some pretty good talent at my school! The 8th graders did the last act. It was a skit of American Idol. They had various students singing about the other teachers. One boy sang a song about me called, "The Junior High Blues." It was all about how I wanted to leave junior high and go back down to teach 3rd grade where I was before. (I don't want to do that...I love teaching junior high...but the song was hilarious!)

Yet another late night for the kids getting into bed. And now I need to put myself to bed. One more day of Catholic Schools Week. It's fun, but it needs to be done. I am helping with the Spelling Bee on Saturday, we have a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, and then maybe I can collapse.

No comments: