Monday, January 25, 2010

Proud

Running Log:
3.109 miles - 45 min.

I am still feeling pretty proud of myself for the 4 miles I ran yesterday. There is a part of me that wants to tell everyone that I see, and then there is a part of me that keeps it to myself because people don't always understand.

When I tell people at work that I ran 4 miles, they smile and give me congrats, but I can tell or they actually say something to the effect that they think running is crazy. Hey, I used to be one of those people who thought running was crazy. Sometimes I still do. But yesterday's run is what I am striving for. That feeling. That excitement of knowing I an conquering something hard. That high.

So, today I think I only told one person about my 4 miles. I really can't wait until I am able to tell people that I ran 10 miles, or 13.1, or 26.2. That will be pretty cool. Until then, I am pretty proud of my 4 on Sunday, my 3 today, and my 50-something for the month.

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I LOVE THIS POST!! You should be proud and tell people. Awesome and keep up the good work