Saturday, January 23, 2010

Encouraged

Yesterday was my rest day, and I also got to spend a fun evening scrapbooking with my mom and a bunch of super fun ladies. We don't always get a lot of scrapbooking done, but we sure laugh and have a great time!

I was talking to my group about receiving my Garmin as an early Christmas present. I was also talking to them about the running related Bible verse that I want to have etched onto my Road ID bracelet. Another scrapper was working at a table behind us and hear the conversation.

She started asking me if I run, so I told her that yes, I have been running for about 5 months. She said to just keep at it. She told me she ran Boston a while back. I asked her if my 3 miles was ever going to get easier. Again, she said yes. Just keep at it!

For some reason, those few words helped tremendously! I am looking forward to my interval run later this afternoon.

On a sour note, my two-year-old woke up with an eye infection. Luckily, I got him into the doctor early this morning. He's now on antibiotics and eyedrops. Not the best way to start a Saturday morning, but at least he's on the mend. Poor little man.

No comments: