Sunday, January 24, 2010

Feeling Good!

Running Log:
4.57 miles

Mile splits:
1 - 11:48
2 - 11:20
3 - 11:24
4 - 11:36

Total time minus walking - 46:11
11:31/mi pace

I set out to run 4 miles today, and I did it! There were a few bumps along the way, but I feel so great that I managed to accomplish moving that far!

Evan went with me on his bike. He was the source of the few bumps, but it was okay. My times are not completely accurate because my watch has the auto stop feature, and it stopped timing when I stopped running. This happened more than once. Evan's shoelace got caught on his pedal, the wind was in his eyes, he was mad that we were only going straight...you get the idea.

However, the good thing about stopping is that I seemed to be able to pick up the pace pretty rapidly when I'd had a few moments to rest. I also reloaded my favorite workout songs on my ipod so I had only peppy happy songs to trot along to. The Dixie Chicks kept me moving at a 10:45 pace! Not too shabby!

I figured I'd better start upping my long runs in terms of mileage rather than time if I ever want to complete a 1/2 marathon. If I focus on the miles, the speed will eventually come. It was a good run. I told Eric that I must have runner's high right now because I am practically giddy. It all just came together today. This is the feeling I crave.

No comments: