Sunday, January 17, 2010

Running Log:
3.124 miles - 45 min.
Treadmill interval speeds of 4.9-5.3

I skipped any and all exercise for the past three days. My reasons aren't great. Tired, hip hurts, and more being tired. And one day I didn't work out because I knew that I'd be getting new shoes the next day, so I wanted to wait for my new shoes! That's the best excuse if I ever heard one!

Maybe I should try to become a morning runner so I can avoid the late night super tiredness. I don't know. It doesn't seem to be any easier to get up early. But I do like how I feel when I start my day off with exercise. Hmmm. I'll have to mull that one over. That means getting up before 5, however. Maybe it will make me more efficient in the morning. I'm giving it some serious thought. I need to get a mat to put under my treadmill to deaden some of the sound of running it on the laminate floor. If I am getting up that early to exercise, I certainly don't want the kiddos up and needing me at that time.

I did get my new shoes yesterday. I had my last ones for over four months. I am going to use these new puppies exclusively for running. I've never done that before! I always wear my workout shoes whenever and wherever I want. They felt pretty good. I am also hoping that a new shoe with new cushion will help with some of that hip pain.


See? Pretty! Please don't let the toys, books, and empty soap bottle distract you from the awesomeness of my new shoes!

I didn't do it this time, but next time I need new shoes, I want to go to the running store and have them measure my feet and analyze my run to make sure I am getting the right shoe for me. I'm a cheapskate, however, and it is hard for me to spend over $40 for shoes, much less over $100. Eric is the one who usually tells me to not worry about it. I need a good shoe. The ones I bought yesterday were somewhere between those two amounts!

I fully intended to go out for my long run today. But I didn't. I even got dressed in my outside gear. Then Evan ran in and told me it was raining. Call it vanity, but I didn't want my new shoes to be christened in the rain. I opted for the treadmill. A lot of people can't stand treadmills, but I find mine rather comforting. I am so glad I have it.

One last note for today. I'm not going to keep track of how many days I'm off soda anymore. I haven't had any soda, but it is irritating to keep track. Just makes me want one all the more. I promise if I fall off the wagon I'll report it here. I don't intend to, though. We went to lunch with my mom at a Mexican restaurant in my hometown where I ALWAYS get a flank steak quesadilla and a Pepsi. But I got water. The quesadilla was still great, but I really wanted that Pepsi.

That's all from me for today. I have tomorrow off, so I plan to get my run in early before hanging out with the boys for the day.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well I know a lot of people don't like Nikes for running (they tend to have a narrow fit..) but if you ever want to get Nikes, we have guest passes for the Nike Employee Store where you can buy them for 50% off! That is, if it's worth it to you to make the trek up here too. : ) There's all kinds of running clothes and gear too at the Employee Store.