Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Week

Running Log:
3.124 miles - 45 min.

My interval run felt good tonight. I was tired at the end, but not winded and gasping for air. Strange as it may sound, I was doing math facts in my head to make the time go by faster. It's hard to multiply 16 times 13 in your head!

And why was I multiplying those specific numbers? Well, it is because in order to run the Disneyland 1/2 marathon, you have to maintain a 16 min per mile pace. I wanted to know how long the run would take if you ran it at that pace. Turns out it would take you 3 hours and 28 minutes. I didn't include the .1 mile. I can't do decimal math in my head! I know I can move faster than a 16 min. pace, but can I keep it up for 13 miles? I guess that is what training is for.

We have administered 4 doses out of 28 for Hudson's eyedrops. It is horrible to have to pin him down, pry open his eyes, and drop in the drops. It is a two-man job. He has started running from me when I get the dropper bottle. Poor Chicken.

No comments: