Monday, January 18, 2010

Plans

Running Log:
3.109 miles - 45 min.
Treadmill intervals 4.9-5.4

I am going to give morning running a shot...starting tomorrow. We'll see how I feel about this plan when I am struggling to roll myself out of bed at 4:50 tomorrow morning.

It sounds like crazy talk, even to me, but I need to do something different. I am finding it easier and easier to make excuses as to why I can't run at night. Life is going to get busy again with all the spring activities that tend to pop up.

In different news, I really want to run the Disneyland Half Marathon on Labor Day weekend! I was checking out the website yesterday, and it looks so cool! That is plenty of time for me to train, and then I'd be ready for the Half Marathon here in Fresno two months later in November. It would also give me a chance to better my time when I run the Fresno race.

I just think it would be so neat to run part of a 1/2 through CA Adventure and Disneyland! I could handle high fiving Goofy along the way! It's a little pricey, but we'll see if we can work it into a little vacation for all of us. There's also a 200 m. dash for kids that Saturday morning.

Anyhow, those are some tentative plans. I feel like I could handle training for a half marathon as opposed to a full one. The highest mileage would get me to 10 or 12 miles depending on which training plan I choose to follow. That alone will take me over two hours. If I was doing marathon training, those long runs would take me four or five hours. I'm just not ready for that quite yet.

I like making plans. I like staying motivated. For the short term, let's see how motivated I am in the morning!

No comments: