Thursday, January 7, 2010

Unintended Rest Day

Day 13 No Soda
Running Log:
Rest Day

Today was not supposed to be my rest day. That was supposed to happen tomorrow. However, life got in the way tonight, so Rest Day it is. I'll do my 3.1 tomorrow night, but then I'm up early for a two-mile race on Saturday morning. I will feel the excitement at the start line.

After school, Evan and I zipped across town to pick up our race packets. (Did I mention that Evan will be running the 1/4 mile kids' run?) Once I was home for the evening, or so I thought, I tried on my new race shirt. I really like it. It is dark brown and long-sleeved. A nice change from the standard white short sleeved T-shirt.

Soon after this a friend called and really needed someone to talk to. I said sure and drove over to Olive Garden for some salad and bread sticks and wine. It was really funny to me that people actually go to a restaurant after 8 p.m! That is when you are supposed to leave a restaurant! See what having kids does to you?!

I was still wearing my new shirt. When the waiter walked up, he noticed the shirt and said he had gone to pick up his race packet today as well! That started a fun little conversation about racing, the race on Saturday, and some training. It was like I was part of a little club!

I am officially excited for the race on Saturday morning. I am hoping to push a fast (for me anyhow) two miles. It's only two miles, so I want to push hard.

No comments: