Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleep is Important, Too

Running Log:
3.238 miles - 45 min.

We had a late night last night. I fully intended to come home and run. I even put my running clothes on. However, I just wasn't in the mood to run. I was in the mood to sleep.

I was just really tired, my throat was starting to hurt, and I felt weary. I figured I would truly benefit from a full 8 hours of sleep, and I was right. I was asleep before 9:45, and I felt so much better this morning.

As much as I hated missing my run, sometimes I need to listen to my body. I'll make up the run on Friday. I don't want to skip any days that are not a normal rest day because my mileage for January will be a bit shy of where I need it to be to reach 1,000 miles. I'm not worried, but I need to keep on track with my goals.

I came home and ran today. A good night's sleep made me feel much better all around.

No comments: