Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Better Mood

I felt better today. I got my elliptical workout in pretty early. I finished watching When Harry Met Sally while I worked out.

I took Child #2 to the doctor because his cough is getting worse. He sounds like a little barking seal. He'll be on nebulizer treatments for the next three weeks. Poor baby. Poor Mommy.

Husband and I went to our Weight Watcher meeting. I lost 1.2 pounds for a total of 12 pounds! I wasn't expecting much tonight. Granted, even with holiday eating, I stayed within my points, but I wasn't eating very good food. When I'm working and on a schedule, I eat my fruits and vegetables, but on vacation, not so much.

I wouldn't have been surprised if I gained. I figured with beef stick, apple pie, cheesecake, McDonald's, Carl's Jr, pizza, meatballs and candy over the past week, there was no way I'd see a loss. The two things that must have worked were portion control and exercise.

I was a little freakish on Christmas Eve at my mom's house. I took my food scale and weighed everything I ate! I didn't do that on Christmas Day at the in-laws, but I was pretty careful about my choices. I also made sure to track every morsel that went in my mouth.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about my progress. I'm not making any resolutions this year. I basically have two goals to work on: health and finances. I'm already on the right path to continue with health. Husband and I need to sit down again to discuss finances.

I'll narrow down precisely what I'd like to see happen for 2011 in the next few days.

Funny tidbit: at the WW meeting tonight, the leader said that on average, people only keep their resolutions for 17 days. I've already been working on losing weight and running for longer than 17 days, so I'm pleased to get a jump start on the continued goals.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations, girl! You are doing awesome!