Monday, December 27, 2010

Rested Yesterday, Ran Today

Distance: 2.171 miles
Time: 34 min.

Well, I ended up remaining in my pj's last night and did not run. I am okay with that. I just wasn't feeling very good. I'm glad I didn't "push" through it.

This morning I took Child #2 to daycare, and Child #1 stayed home with me. We did a lot of cleaning, snuggling, and laughing. It's been a while since he and I have had a day to ourselves.

I finally got on the treadmill in the late afternoon. I watched When Harry Met Sally while I ran. I felt surprisingly good! I figured it was going to be hard to breathe with my cold, but I felt strong and rested. The run also gave me a burst of energy to get through the rest of the afternoon and evening.

I love it when a workout makes me feel that way.

No comments: