Sunday, December 19, 2010

Storms

Distance: 1.921 miles
Time: 30 min.

We woke up this morning to very wet and windy weather. I didn't mind not being able to run outside because I wanted to finish watching When In Rome. Cute movie.

I have been running in 90 second intervals. Today, however, for my long run I decided to run for 1/4 mile intervals at a 5.1 mph pace. Then I walked for 1/10 of a mile at a 3.0 mph pace. I made it through three of the running intervals before I gave in to lack of air and fatigue. I just couldn't maintain the pace for almost three minutes.

At first I was really disappointed with myself. Then I had to remind myself I've only been back in the running game for two weeks. I'll be starting week three on Tuesday. I need to give myself time to build up again. I should enjoy the "easy" runs while I can, because they will increase in duration before I know it!

After exercising, we met my mom and sister to pick up the kids. By the way, we had a gloriously quiet morning together. Husband even wrapped all the presents because he knows I hate doing the wrapping. I didn't once have to pour someone else's milk, watch cartoons, or break up an argument!

My mom and sister wanted In N Out Burger, but I wasn't willing to spend the WW points on a treat like that, especially after my great meal last night. I ended up not eating lunch which isn't good.

When we got home, we had to get to work cutting down our wonderful and fabulous climbing tree on the side of the house. With all the wet weather we've been having, our back fence fell down again and our tree starting leaning towards the house. Not good.


You can see the bump of soil near the base of the tree where the roots are starting to come up.


A little too close to the house for my liking.


Poor little bare tree.

We'll probably cut the rest down as well. No more great climbing tree for the kids. Sad day.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Aw, I'm sorry about the trees but I'm glad your house is okay.